Green Power Program History & Stats
2017 Program Stats
2017 was another great year for Mountain Parks Electric’s (MPE’s) Green Power Program. The program awarded more than $20,000 in rebates to photovoltaic (PV) systems, the Grand Lake micro-hydro recovery system and another electric vehicle charging station installed within the MPE Service Territory. Since 2011, the Green Power Program has awarded $140,157 to local "green" projects and continues to carry out its mission: to assist MPE members who generate electricity with local renewable resources, thus benefiting the area’s economy.
2017 Rebate Recipients
- Ken & Jana Tompkins, Granby, $1,540 – 5.4 kW PV system
- Tim Stegner, Granby, $1,720 – 7.2 kW PV system
- Lori & Paul Yeske, Grand Lake, $1,079 – 0.9 kW PV system
- Steve Tukua, $1,212 – 2.4 kW PV system
- Rich & Cass Kotrba, Fraser, $1,522 – 5.22 kW PV system
- Vertical Electric, Fraser, $1,300 – 3.0 kW PV system
- Tim Van Meter, $1,504 – 4.34 kW PV system
- Dean & Tammy Muller, Granby, $1,240 – 2.4 kW PV system
- Jeffrey & Linda Peotter, Kremmling, $2,000 – 10.62 kW PV system
- Bill Mahoney, Tabernash, $1,599 – 7.92 kW PV system
- Kevin Hadnett, Granby, $1,513 – 5.13 kW PV system
- Dick Jones, Tabernash, $1,450 – 4.5 kW PV system
- Rosemary Feldman, Fraser, $1,696 – 6 kW PV system
- Yvonne Dewit, Granby, $1,599 – 5.99 kW PV system
How the Program Began
The Green Power Program was established in 1999. Prior to January 1, 2011, all funds were used to purchase renewable energy credits outside of MPE’s service territory. Now these funds are rebated to local renewable energy installations. MPE’s “keeping it local” Green Power Program vision has attracted more than 1,100 monthly contributors.
Public Renewables Tour
In August, 2015, MPE and Simply Efficient sponsored a free public tour (photographed below) of local renewable projects within its service territory. Twenty-one MPE members attended the event, which featured renewable projects at three residences that received MPE Green Power Program rebates.
Although some contribute $100 a month, any MPE member can support the program by contributing as little as $0.50 a month – a charge added to your electric bill. One-time and annual contributions are also accepted. To donate, simply fill out our contribution form.
Rebate Award Levels
Residential: $1,000 + $0.10 per DC watt ($2,000 maximum)
Business/Organization/Commercial: $1,000 + $0.10 per DC watt ($8,000 maximum)
Green Power Program Board of Directors
- Liz McIntyre - email@example.com
- Shawn Scholl - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Vasquez - email@example.com
- Kristen Taddonio - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Simpkins - email@example.com
Chris Michalowski, Power Use Advisor