200/320-amp services can be installed on the gabled end of a building or on a post-mount structure.
You must clearly post your address and meter location on your foundation or wall. Property pins must also be visible if you are metering on a post mount stand.
- We accept load sheets from April 1 - October 1 (our construction season)
- You must submit your completed load sheet with a non-refundable $600 deposit to MPE's Engineering Department
- State inspection of your service must be completed by October 1
- If these deadlines are missed, you will be required to resubmit a new load sheet and deposit during the next construction season
An MPE staking technician will schedule an on-site review of your new service.
An MPE staking technician will design your new service.
Upon receiving of a copy of your approved state inspection, MPE's Engineering Department will mail you (and your contractor) a final contract and membership packet.
An additional deposit may be required.
RELEASE FOR CONSTRUCTION
When MPE receives the deposit (and all required paperwork), your new service will typically be constructed within 45 days.
WHY IS THIS MPE's PROCESS?
In 2022, rising inflation and supply chain issues complicated MPE's new service installations. As a result, frequently, new services needed to be redesigned (creating additional invoicing and slowing the process). Our current process should resolve some of these issues.
BENEFITS TO THIS NEW PROCESS
- Improved accuracy of our estimates and load sheets
- Requiring you to complete a state inspection before sending you a contract reduces the need for multiple invoices
- This process helps MPE ensure more timely construction